Stroke

The problem was first asking the demand for my coffee shop and was confused. But I put it away and then I noticed I couldn't type anything on the PC. I called my dad in North Carolina, not for that he could possibly help us in Houston, but perhaps I was thinking that my dad alone has enough times with emergency that I could have an empathy. The conversation with him was a jumble and I could hear the mixture of his impatience and concern. I then called my best friend, a nurse, and his conversation sent me to get to the ER. I should have made the idea already -- the symptom was obviously.

The brain is ironically a great amazing of the star dust made of miracles, firing neurons that both sympathetic and parasympathetic breaths us our heart millions away without thinking, and designing and playing a Chopin etude. Yet as miracle as this the brain, it is so sensitive, so frailty, so that gelatin we sapiens keeps us so closely to what keeps us ... stop.
16th Century Medical Text
By within an hour, I drove to myself to the ER, parked the drive, locked the door, walked across the street looking both left and right to make sure I was safety. Yet I couldn't speak any words at all nor could I understand meaning from anyone. I'm not trying to be humor, but it seems that after three different people ask questions that mean absolutely nothing for me should realize eventually that they would learn -- at once we wonder who is really babbling or just only my own. The best I could do would provide my drivers license card. The motor was fine; but the language was useless.

ICU; CT scan; no medicine given; blood pressure was fine. My nurse buddy turned his own. Within hours I was moved to the regular room. I started to improve minor way, but not through vocal. Only a few texts was sent to cancel my teaching on Monday, but most vocabulary was missing. I could recognize images, and I humoring was able to send some emoji to another friend to contact my department chair. I would like to recall something what I felt was the experience of locked in the case of our brain:

• Feb 8, 10:06 AM
At ER. No LCS no.
Caution. ER.
ER. So SS body can no Mon.
Emergency. Department.
Healthcare.

• Feb 8, 10:11 AM
What?

• Feb 8, 10:22 AM
Emergency department.
No.
Mark.
IC

• Feb 8, 10:25 AM
What happened?

• Feb 8, 10:25 AM
Not thing.
Stop.
CT Scan.
[eomji pill; shock; SOS]

• Feb 8, 10:34 AM
Are you at the hospital waiting for Mark?

• Feb 8, 10:38 AM
No.

• Feb 8, 10:39 AM
Are you not at the hospital, but he is?

• Feb 8, 10:42 AM
Impaired
Stroke.
Stood the SS not LSC at Monday. Please.

• Feb 8, 10:47 AM
You are impaired?












• Feb 8, 10:48 AM
Not
Not speaking.

• Feb 8, 10:49 AM
Do you need classes cancelled?

• Feb 8, 10:52 AM
Yeah. Pls.
Cannot sure should good cannot the good the sure that spellings.
Cannot speak.

• Feb 8, 10:53 AM
Okay.

• Feb 8, 10:54 AM
Thx.

• Feb 8, 10:54 AM
RN talk to Mark, don't hear no thing understand.

• Feb 8, 10:54 AM
Okay 

Sunday night without sleep. Monday MRI, brief two MD with not much useful. Monday night without sleep. I don't watch TV anyway, but I couldn't make sense of vocal anyway, nor reading. I tried to read comics but couldn't even language at all. Tuesday EEG and a new MRI. Wednesday CT again. IV for three days. Blood pressure testing more than I could count. Sugar tests I couldn't punctured more I forget. No food for over 24 days (not I cared much). The information gets out -- emails I began to read by Monday and dozens from emails from colleagues and friends. Grateful for my best buddy who visited every day and interpreted much of the arcane medical jargon. Especially visits from people who surprised but I were patient when I couldn't talk to briefest sentences and often conflated the missed vocabulary.

One. I've been closer to death than I have before. And I was told when my body was broken, was told that the happenstances of life just happens. I don't believe that the universe tells me for good or bad in my life. It's just what happens to mortality.

Two. Depression. I forgot how the brain does on its body and vice versa -- that sitting alone in a bed sitting with nothing in a small four walls does cause us with a depression. Even now I can struggle with the depression, especially with tire, and feeling like my students, especially are disappointed.

Three. On the other said, I'm more humility and generous with others who have some feel in community college who sometimes haven't fulfill their social and intellectual oral practice. In other words, I know my students are potential, but it takes a year or so to really prepare for the social, language to articulate their ready. The first semester is often a bewilder for students, and I can remind for a few moments about their own hesitancy.

I probably talk more about it, but the struggle itself is too-importance. I'll be working on therapy for some months, and one noticed I've taken is my syntax is unfamiliar. As a practice in itself this has not meant a momentous as much as a practice of writing, at all.


Be strong, and courageous.
Dixi et salvavi animam meam
Google +
Twitter @comstone

Popular posts from this blog

Student Feedback on the State of the Public Sphere in Harris County, Texas and Houston

On Independence Day, Fourth of July, Fireworks Day, Whatever We Call It

Visiting a Texas Prison